Saturday, December 6, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
- one-to-one tutoring by current or retired teachers on most subjects for all ages.
- economical small group math and language arts review workshops (pictured above)
- SAT/ACT and other test prep
- summer school help
- improve reading skills
- get ahead or prep for next term's math class
- Monday - Thursday, flexible hours
- New this summer! Parents can learn how to teach their children to read or how to help them with their reading when they return to school in the fall.
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
(Recent thank you note from 6th grade student)
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
1825 W. Verdugo Avenue
Burbank, CA 91506
Friday, September 21, 2012
Sunday, April 22, 2012
In addition to the Free College Financial Aid workshop, we have also had a Phonics Workshop for 5 to 7 year olds. They and their parents had a blast!
Well, all of the above is related to our move. But as I said, there is so much that has happened recently!
We've worked out our program for this summer, 2012. How would you like for your child to not forget what they learned all school year during the summer but to review their math and language arts so that they are better prepared for the next school year! We've developed a very economical way to do just that -- with small-group workshops scheduled throughtout the summer. Again, we have very limited space and seating so if you're interested, call Vicky right away at (818) 557-7379 and ask about our Early Signup Special.
How about having your child work with a tutor to address any subject he or she may have had trouble with during the regular school year? Summer is the perfect time to do just that! No other classes, homework or other academic demands other than focusing on that specific subject so that your child can accelerate, progress and increase his or her self-confidence in that subject. They would start the next school year so much better prepared. Below is a flyer for the summer 2012 at Success! Tutoring.
Monday, August 8, 2011
This acknowledgement is for 10 years of business in the City of Burbank, issued and signed by the Mayor of Burbank, The Honorable Jess Talamantes. "Your services definitely make a difference in the lives of students and are contributing greatly to our community."
In honor of this recognition, Success! Tutoring is celebrating by offering a 10-year anniversary special during the month of August, 2011. Call our office today for details. (818) 557-7379 or email: email@example.com.
Thank you Mayor Talamantes. We would also like to thank the many parents, families, teachers, and counselors that have entrusted us with the academic advancement of their children and students. Their referrals have helped to spread the word about our services.
Additionally, we would not have been able to achieve this milestone without the best academic tutors around. Our tutors, consisting of current and retired teachers, are always in demand. With many years of classroom experience and one-to-one tutoring, they really care about their students and know how to help them learn.
We are extremely honored to have received this acknowledgement from the City of Burbank.
Vicky and Armando Salcido
Owners, Success! Tutoring, Inc.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Summer at Success! Tutoring
- Discounted one-to-one tutoring for all ages!
- Art and Math Workshops for grades 2 - 6!!
- Algebra I, II and Geometry Prep Workshops for grades 7 - 10!!!
- One-to-one art classes with Randall Williams!!!!
"My son's self-confidence is blooming. He has lots of fun while strengthening his math skills. He loves Polly and her nurturing approach to teaching.""This art workshop was awesome! The kids really liked painting on canvas like real artists!"
"It helped me a lot in math. Multiplying and dividing fractions and how to remember decimals and percentages. I'm faster at multiplication."
Sunday, March 27, 2011
What’s New at Success! Tutoring
1. Success! Tutoring now has Teen Seminars based on the book, “Success for Teens”. You can find information about the book at http://www.successfoundation.org/ . Our very own Armando Salcido started delivery of the seminars last month. The first chapter covered was titled: “Little Things Matter”. All of the students who attended the seminar loved it, wrote a success story and wanted to come to the next one. Below are a few excerpts from the material they covered.
“I learned that you need to do the right thing even if you don’t want to.”
“I feel that no matter what people think of you.. do what you think is right. Do not slack off, do your best and try hard.”
"Everything we do has an effect on our lives some minor and some major….I learned that everyone has a choice in life and that what they cause or do has an effect.”
The date of the next seminar is Saturday, April 2 from 10 am to 12 noon. The next chapter to be covered is titled: Attitude is Everything.
The seminars cover time-tested principles for excelling in all areas of life such as time management, goal-setting, self-esteem, dream-building, self-motivation, habits, and purpose. As you may recall from your initial consultation, Armando is very good at communicating with students.
If you’d like your child to attend the next seminar, call right away as we like to keep the group small to encourage participation. The cost for the two hour seminar is the same as one tutoring hour. (Yes, you can use hours you may have on account.)
2. Success! Tutoring has recently started delivering regular art classes by Randall Williams, a very well known local artist who has had his art exhibits in the Midwest as well as both the East and West Coast. His artwork has been featured in many news articles, televised news and in television programs as far away as
After receiving his Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Fine Arts, Randall worked at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, worked as a stain-glass artist, became art director at two of L.A’s largest photography labs and owned his own art gallery for six years. Randall is also very active in the
So far at Success! Tutoring, he has taught classes in pastel, acrylic, drawing, charcoal and air brush. The students love him!
Private lessons and group lessons are available. Call for details!
Summer at Success! Tutoring
Art and Math Workshops for grades 2 – 6
Algebra I, II and Geometry Prep Workshops for grades 7-10th
Discounted one-to-one tutoring for all ages in all subjects
Art Classes, private and group lessons
Limited space so call to reserve your child’s seat now!
Call the office for details (818) 557-7379